Thursday, February 5, 2009

Indoor Tailgate Party

HERE ARE THE INVITATIONS I CREATED FOR THIS PARTY, BUT NEVER SENT OUT SINCE LAST MINUTE WE HAD TO POSTPONE. JUST AN IDEA FOR YOU:

Our November Indoor Weenie Roast was so much fun I want to do another 'indoor' BBQ party. I loved how all 18 of us sat around in camp chairs eating in our darkened living room in our laps. It was casual, and we were able to sit comfortably and visit for much of the evening. I was thinking about what other theme could be done so casually and I came up with a tailgate party. March is March Maddness so I have to work around the husbands games, which means it will be a March 13th Friday night party. The weather will still be cool so we'll keep in indoors, but Jeff can still BBQ at the beginning. I would like to create the look of an actual truck tailgate and have it appear that the food is sitting on the tailgate of a truck. I'll look online and see if anyone has ever done that. If not, I guess I'll be coming up with it on my own. This party will be totally easy to potluck. Like last time I'll assign two couples to bring a six pack of pop and waters, Two couples to bring easy eat desserts. Two couples to bring salads- potato and macaroni. Two couples to bring meat. And one couple to do chips and buns. Or maybe we'll just go the appetizer route. And have appetizers, drinks, and side dishes. Hmmm...... I'll figure it out. Also... I'd love to come up with a cool invite.

No comments: