Thursday, January 1, 2009

Your Parties: Nimmers, New Years Eve





Last night we officially ushered in the New Year at the Nimmer’s home for a New Year’s Bash. There was, of course, tons of food, and lots of laughs. We also did the traditional “White Elephant” gift exchange. Chris and I arrived with 2 gifts. The first was a ceramic football, with a pristine and White……JOCK STRAP!! Don’t ask me how I came up with that…but we were dying with laughter! We also took a tshirt I found from D.I. that said, “IT’S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL THE VICE-PRESIDENT SHOOTS YOU IN THE FACE!”. Totally random, but funny none the less, if I do say so myself. So Anyway, that game is always good for a laugh. Then we played another version of the Newlywed Game. It was pretty funny, and the ridiculous part is that Chris and I have been married 7 years….longer than ANY other couple at that party…..and we came in last place. I must say that I think that’s pretty discraceful. It’s like Chris was INTENTIONALLY trying to get the answers wrong!!! Oh well…I guess you can’t win em’ all.
Shannara and Adam threw a fantastic party, and I’m so glad that we were able to gather at their home for the new year. It’s a wonderful blessing to have so many friends close, and I ALWAYS love a great party! Thanks for being such wonderful hosts, and WELCOME 2009!!!!

No comments: