Friday, July 31, 2009

Christmas in July details

Decor

I chose an aqua blue, silver and white for my party colors. Since it's so hot here in Nevada (and I didn't think green and red would really make it feel much cooler) I opted for an icy blue with silver look. It's also very elegant and gives a lot of richness to everything. We put up our prelit Christmas tree with glass balls, silver metalic garlands, hanging jewels, and my kids favorite- 'Carvan' the white dove.


Invitations
See previous post


Tablesetting


White tablecloths, light blue transperant plastic placemats (originally got at a grocery store in the dollar bin), I wrapped sky blue tulle on the left side from top to bottom, tied a knot and made a very nice looking placemat. Then I added white looking china (plate) a glass goblet, silverware and the white linen napkins in beautiful crystal/jeweled napkins rings (got on clearance at Bed, Bath and Beyond last year).


Table Centerpieces


We have many Department 56 Christmas Snow Village village pieces. So we decided to get out a few of them from the Christmas shelf in the garage and use them as the main centerpiece. I also took two pie platters made of wrought iron and got some glass plates for them. On each I put some of the extra Christmas balls and small wrapped presents and the silvery pinecones. They were placed at opposite ends of the table.

1 comment:

S said...

Maggie...it is so cute! I didn't even think about it until I saw your village, but I have a retro village (blues, silvers and whites) that would have fit right in too! Great job... :o)