Saturday, November 15, 2008

Your Parties: Marta Tyler, Weinie Roast


Tonight we had a get together at our house. I got the idea from my sister and I’m so glad I decided to give it a try. It was probably one of the funnest things we’ve done at our house yet. We had a big fire going all night in the fire pit, and everyone roasted their own hot dogs, and marshmallows. The best part is that I actually got to join in the fun instead of just being the hostess. I love that everyone cooks and prepares their own food. It makes it so easy on me, and it gives everyone something to do so it’s a great time filler. Everyone was kind enough to help with the food and bring something. I also loved that we were able to comfortably fit about 18 people in a close circle around the fire. It was the perfect size, and created the perfect setting for great conversation.
We played a game called, “Which person did this?…..” and I had everyone email me something interesting or funny that they’ve done in their life. I got some great responses and it was fun to guess about everyone. Some of the new things I learned are: Kari did a jump rope routine in hammer pants to “Can’t Touch This” in 6th grade for her talent show, Amy accidently cut Randy’s eye open in a water balloon fight, Alison got her tongue stuck to a metal pole, Matt mistakenly won a trip to NYC because he called himself a “winner”, Ryan is afraid of snakes….and the list goes on. It was a good laugh for all of us, and I feel like I know a little bit more about everyone. It was also a great ice breaker to get us all talking.
What a great evening. I’m so glad I have a house that I love to entertain in, and I’m starting to get more comfortable with hosting things at my house. Thanks for coming everyone, and we’ll do it again soon!!!!

No comments: