Friday, November 13, 2009

Twilight New Moon DIY Napkin Rings

I have to say that I am really happy with how my DIY napkin rings turned out. I have been saving toilet paper rolls for a month. Since the party is next week I got them made up this week.
Here is my tower of 24 napkin rings. See how each one is unique. I love them!
Close-up of a napkin ring

I have two variations of the napkin ring. Here is the first one (my favorite) showing it plain.


Here is the ring with a Bella pin attached.

INSTRUCTIONS:

you need:
TOILET PAPER ROLLS (EMPTY)
TWILIGHT INSPIRED SCRAPBOOK PAPER (RED, WHITE, BLACK- SCROLLS, MUSIC, DAMASK, GRUNGE)
MOD PODGE
FOAM BRUSH AND SCISSORS

Measure diameter and length of toilet paper roll. Cut paper to fit as close as possible. Mod Podge to roll and let dry. After it's dry Mod Podge top to give a nice look and make more sturdy.  Let dry.
Cut each roll where the paper met in the middle. (you will be cutting vertically) Then carefully with out bending too much you cut each into rings of about 1/2 inch. (If you look really hard at the picture you will notice that every ring was a different diameter. I just guessed and didn't guess too well)
If any got out of the round shape just mold it back. You can embellish with some black ribbon, or buttons..... whatever you want! I really like the simplicity and formal look with the pattern of the paper being the complete design.

2 comments:

mom said...

I wondered why you had those rolls stacked up in your kitchen.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love it!!! I am so happy that I found your blog. I'll be linking.